The gymnasium of the original Victorville High School caught fire Wednesday night. The fire was reported around 9:15 PM. Initial reports indicated there was fire through the roof of an large gymnasium. A second alarm was called to fight the fire. The historic school served the Victor Valley as the orgininal County High School, then a Junior High School and finally a College Prep High School. The school was abandoned about four years ago. According to residents (on camera), the abandoned school has been a magnet for the homeless especially in cold weather. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.