MANHATTAN: Carbon Monoxide Explosion

UPPER WEST SIDE, Manhattan – An all-hands response by the FDNY was transmitted in regards to high levels of carbon monoxide and CO explosion while firefighters were operating. The CO was caused by an electrical fire and active gas leak in the Equinox gym basement. This occurred at 5:20 pm Sunday within the confines of the 24th Precinct. Hazmat units were on scene. An additional truck was requested as well. ConEdison was requested to excavate and shut off gas valves. Buildings were evacuated due to CO exposure. Animal control was requested for an aggressive cat refusing to evacuate. CO readings were at a normal level at 10 pm and the incident was declared under control. Cameraman: Vic Estrella | Reporter: Adam Balhetchet